El Paso County, Colorado is represented by 1 President, 1 Vice President, 2 US Senators, 1 US House Representative, 5 State Senators, 8 State House Representatives, and 5 County Commissioners. Each Representative is elected to office through partisan elections on different intervals.
The Presidential incumbent is:
- President of the United States — Donald Trump (R)
- Vice President of the United States — Mike Pence (R)
The US Senate incumbents are:
The US House incumbents are:
The State Governor incumbent is:
The State Senate incumbents are:
- Senate District 12 Assembly/Nomination Procedure
The Chairman for State Senate District 12, Donald J. Alberts, has sent an email informing the Delegates, Alternates, and the Officers in State Senate District 12 the procedures for nominating a candidate for State Senate 12.
The State Senate District 12 Assembly is scheduled for 28 March 2020 at 8:30 am. The chair has opened nominations beginning immediately for candidates to be designated to the ballot for State Senator, Senate District 12. These nominations will close at 5:00PM on Monday, March 23, 2020.
Nominations must be sent to Donald J. Alberts, Chairman and Linda Coats, Secretary. Their emails can be found on the email transmitted by Donald J. Alberts. If you require an unredacted copy of the email, you can request one through us at SD12@rapko.com
- State Senator District 12 — Bob Gardner (R)
- State Senator District 11 — Pete Lee (D)
Pete is a Democrat
- State Senator District 10 — Owen Hill (R)
- State Senator District 9 — Paul Lundeen (R)
- State Senator District 2 — Dennis Hisey (R)
The State House incumbents are:
- Has House District 18 Given Up on Nominations?
The House District Secretary posted a confusing Facebook post about the expected upcoming House District 18 Assembly. In the post, the House District 18 Secretary, Charity Munoz, stated in reference to House District 18 voting, “House District 18 had a few people saying that they wanted to step up to the plate and run in this district, but no one did. Therefore, there is no voting for HD18.” The comment is confusing because the beginning of the post said, “…you will be notified of voting and processes about the Assemblies through your email.” An email was sent to the House District Chair, Andy Colon, requesting a status update with no response.
It is definitely a confusing time with the COVID-19 restrictions in place. We should expect some significant changes to the Assembly process. But with all the uncertainty, the party should be communicating more with the caucus rather than less. It is unacceptable to think that a quick message posted to the El Paso County Party’s website is unavailable to the House District. Otherwise, what is the point of the website if it is not to inform the caucus of significant changes to procedure?
- House District 15 Nominations and Assembly Procedures are Published
The Chairman for House District 15, Brad Collins, has sent an email informing the Delegates, Alternates, and the Officers in House District 15 the procedures for nominating a candidate for House District 15.
The House District 15 Assembly is scheduled for 28 March 2020 at 8:30 am. The chair has opened nominations beginning at 9 am on 21 March 2020 for candidates to be designated to the ballot for House District Representative, House District 15. The nominations will close at 3:00 pm on 21 March 2020.
Nominations must be sent to Brad Collins, Chairman; Kim Koller, Vice-Chairman; and Vickie Broerman, Secretary. Their emails can be found on the email transmitted by Brad Collins. If you require an unredacted copy of the email, you can request one through us at HD15@rapko.com
- State House District 14 — Shane Sandridge (R)
- State House District 15 — Dave Williams (R)
- State House District 16 — Larry Liston (R)
- State House District 17 — Tony Exum, Sr. (D)
Tony Exum, Sr. is a Democrat.
- State House District 18 — Marc Snyder (D)
Marc Snyder is a Democrat.
- State House District 19 — Tim Geitner (R)
- State House District 20 — Terri Carver (R)
The County Commissioner incumbents are:
- County Commissioner District 1 — Holly Williams (R)
- County Commissioner District 2 — Mark Waller (R)
- County Commissioner District 3 — Stan VanderWerf (R)
- County Commissioner District 4 — Longinos Gonzalez, Jr. (R)
- County Commissioner District 5 — Cami Bremer (R)
- NOTICE – GUIDANCE FOR ASSEMBLY AND NOMINATIONS FOR CANDIDATE FOR COUNTY COMMISSIONER DISTRICT 3
The Chairman for County Commissioner District 3, Jim Bensberg, has sent an email informing the Delegates, Alternates, and the Officers in District 3 what the next steps to get to the Assembly are.
He has tentatively set 26 March 2020 for a electronic Assembly. The chair will open the Assembly for Nominations for Candidate for El Paso County Commissioner, District 3, at noon, Saturday, 21 March 2020 and end at noon, Sunday, 22 March 2020.
Nominations and seconds must be sent separately, via email and must be delivered to both the Chair, Jim Bensberg, at and the Vice Chair, Paul Paradis. See the email sent this morning by Jim Bensberg for their email addresses. If you did not receive the email, you can contact us at CCD3@rapko.com and we will provide an unredacted copy of the Chairman’s email.
- District Attorney 4th Judicial District — Dan May (R)
Dan May is the current District Attorney for the 4th Judicial District. His official website can be found here. Dan is retiring this year and will not run for DA.